Our services include Business Assessmentt & Planning, Change Management, and Mergers & Acquisitions
We respect our clients’ needs for confidentiality.
Business Assessment & Planning
Whether it’s a brand new investment opportunity or an existing company that is not meeting expectations, we can assist shareholders by providing a detailed assessment of the company and recommend changes to the business plan. Our work is differentiated because our recommendations come with a commitment to put business plans into action. We will identify and manage the resources needed to move the company forward and provide a detailed timeline and process for monetizing the investment. Our fee structure is designed to tie our compensation to shareholder success.
Sample engagements include:
- Restructured the business plan for a waste-heat recovery development company and transform the company into a successful biomass-to-energy platform;
- Assessed the financial viability of a district energy company in Ohio and, following our recommendation, the investor stopped funding and transferred the asset to a municipal entity;
- Designed a new business plan for a German energy platform and then managed the implementation of the new plan;
- Designed the business plan for an energy procurement company designed to support the renewable energy policies for a government in the Middle East;
- Assessed the business plans of multiple start-up energy and waste-to-energy technologies for financial investors.
Often a change in a company’s business plan necessitates a change in company management. Drawing upon our experience serving as senior executives and board members and leveraging our network of relationships, Fairlead can recommend changes to management and identify key individuals that will support the company’s new direction. And since changes in management can occur suddenly, Fairlead is prepared to step in directly on an interim basis.
- Completely replaced the management team for a German energy concern, directly bridged gaps in management while reducing holding-company costs by 91%;
- Provided interim senior management for a manufacturer of high-quality tantalum powder for the electronic capacitor industry;
- Provided operational management for a new biomass energy platform executing on a new business plan that we recommended;
- Sourced key engineering and financial resources to help a Middle East energy company build out its management team while providing interim management services during the search process.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Shareholder value is truly measured when an investment is converted into cash. Thus the true measure of a business plan’s success requires M&A. Because of the close relationship we develop in our engagements and our extensive experience managing the M&A process, we are uniquely qualified to derive maximum value for our clients. Generally we manage this process directly, but when necessary we will augment our resources by leveraging the resources of an investment bank.
- Led the merger, restructuring, and $50 million recapitalization of a Midwest district energy system with a 3,000 ton-per-day waste-to-energy facility;
- Led the $85 million sale of a manufacturer of high-quality tantalum powder to a strategic buyer;
- Advised on the 3 acquisitions of power plants with 105 MW of combined capacity;
- Leading the $13.5 million fundraising for a specialty carbon manufacturer.
Online Press Release
Press Release PDF